Use this command to open an existing image for optimization. Use the Window menu to switch among the different views of the image. See Window 1, 2, … command.
An image may also be pasted from the clipboard or dragged and dropped onto the application.
Image formats that are supported:
- CompuServe Graphics Interchange (*.gif)
- Portable Network Graphics (*.png)
- JPEG – JFIF Compliant (*.jpg, *.jpeg, *.jif)
- Windows or OS/2 Bitmap (*.bmp)
- Tagged Image File Format (*.tif, *.tiff)
If your favourite image format is not supported you can simply copy the image from an image editor and paste it into Image Optimizer.
Optimization times will start to get longer as image sizes increase unless you have a very fast computer.
The maximum image size will depend on the available memory.
See also: File Open Dialog Box